What do I bring to my first appointment?
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip from your dentist or medical doctor and any x-rays if applicable;
- A list of medications you are presently taking;
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms and your insurance card;
- To protect against identity theft, we ask that you bring a driver’s license or other government-issued photo ID;
- IMPORTANT: If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must accompany you to the consultation visit.
To make the registration process run as smoothly as possible, please complete the patient registration form on our website prior to your first initial consultation.
What happens during my consultation?
When you arrive for your first visit, you will be greeted by our friendly office staff who will confirm your information and collect the proper registration information. During your initial appointment, Dr. Weber will perform an initial consultation and comprehensive examination, explain your diagnosis, and outline his recommendation for treatment options. Dr. Weber is happy to work with you and help you determine the treatment plan that you feel comfortable with.
In some circumstances, surgery can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day. Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If you will be undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery, a pre-operative consultation and physical examination is required prior to your treatment. On the day of treatment, you will need to arrange for an adult to drive you to the office and home following the procedure.